Carolina Porras, Artist Residency Program Manager at Elsewhere Studios in Paonia, Colorado just notified us of a fully funded Elsewhere Studio Alternative Firing Ceramic Artist Residency, but you have to move fast to apply!
Elsewhere Studios in Paonia, Colorado is offering a one month fully-funded residency for a ceramic artist interested in working with alternative firing techniques such as pit firing and saggar.
The residency will take place in fall 2018 ( September, October, November or December) and includes living space at Elsewhere, full access to Paonia Clayworks studio and a $250 stipend.
Artists are expected to host a one day workshop teaching the community about their alternative firing process during the residency.
The Elsewhere Studio Alternative Firing Ceramic Artist Residency application deadline is: March 1st, 2018
Ceramic studio information:
- The residency studio is located 10 blocks from Elsewhere.
- It is a cooperative studio at one end of a warehouse building (Edesia Warehouse) that also houses a commercial kitchen.
- It is an easy walkable or bike rideable distance from Elsewhere!
- There is 24/7 access to the space which includes: five wheels, a slab roller, clay mixer, extruder, three electric kilns, a propane fire Raku kiln. By fall of 2018, we also expect to have a natural gas fired kiln.
- Artist is responsible for purchase of their own clay and glaze materials.To Apply: https://elsewherestudios.submi
ttable.com/submit/062e626d- 5806-41bb-95d1-5abb6617c86a/ fall-2018-alternative-firing- ceramic-artist-residencyRead more about the Elsewhere Studio Alternative Firing Ceramic Artist Residency on Elsewhere Studio’s website.
Don’t delay, time is running out!!